Salesmate Slack Integration lets Salesmate send a notification to the designated channel every time a deal is created OR marked as won OR marked as lost. It helps sales teams to collaborate quickly and close more deals.
Only users with Administrator profile can install the app.
To install Salesmate - Slack Integration ( Admin ):
- Inside Salesmate, Click on the profile icon on the top left.
- Enable the app from Setup > Apps & Addons > Slack Integration
- Authenticate the app to allow sending notifications in Slack
- Configure channels over which the notifications have to be received.
Note: All information posted by Salesmate will be visible to all the members of that channel.
Notifications will be received upon
1. Deal Creation: #deal_create
2. Deal is Won: #deal_won
3. Deal is Lost: #deal_lost
Not only does it allow sending notifications to everyone but also lets users can choose which notifications they want to receive.
Users can configure their Slack preferences from My Account > Slack Preferences
Individual Slack Notification Preferences can be set for:
- Contact / Company, Activity OR Deal Assignment
- Deal Won or Lost where you are the owner or follower ( i.e. included in the teammates )
Also, various slack commands are added once the app has been authorized to communicate with Salesmate. These commands help the user to search for contact, company, activity or deals from within Slack:
- /contact [search-term]
- Search a contact by name, email, mobile, phone or associated company
- Example: /contact Andrew
- /company [search-term]
- Search a company by name, email, mobile, phone or website
- Example: /contact Carnegie
- /deal [search-term]
- Search a deal based on the deal title, deal value, closing date, associated contact or company.
- Also, add a note to the deals you search and quickly update your conversation on the deal.
- Example: /deal New website for 200 Laptops
- /activity [search-term]
- Search an activity based on the activity title, type, contact name, company name, due date, related with ( i.e. associated deal )
- Also, add a note to the activity and set a due date to it as you search and quickly update your conversation on the activity.
- Example: /activity 200 Laptops
- In case a search term is not found ( record not found ). It will be displayed as under
- Add a note to an activity or deal based on the activity/deal id
- To add a note to an activity
- Example: /note [activity_id:100 note: Meeting to discuss deal. Final price to Quote for AWCH AUD200 per select item
- To add a note to a deal
- Example: /note [deal_id:100 note: Finalized order for AWCH AUD200 per select item
- Set due date for an activity
- To add a duedate to an activity: /duedate [activity_id:[activity_id] due date:[due date]], Most date formats accepted
- Example: /duedate activity_id:100 due date:10/Mar/2017
Notifications will not be received in case if:
- Bulk Operations
- Import ( except importing deals with status won/ lost )
To disable / uninstall / remove slack integration:
- Go to Setup > Apps & Add-ons
- Click Apps
- Find "Slack Integration" under Installed Apps
- Click Remove