Google drive is a web-based file hosting utility provided by Google which allows instant invitation to view, download, and collaborate on all the files, permissible to the user.
Salesmate provides integration with Google drive / Google Team Drive so that you can have a hassle-free management of your common business documents.
Benefits of using Google Drive / Google Team Drive:
Out of the many benefits, here are to mention a few
- Efficiency: You can upload a file in Google Drive and share it across multiple records, hence increasing your efficiency.
- Fresh Data: The latest version of the document is always linked with your records so that you and your teammates have fresh information available at your fingertips.
- Quick Editing: Google drive provides online document editing functionality. And its integration with Salesmate record gives you the freedom of editing them from Salesmate itself, using quick file previews.
- Faster File Uploads: You can upload files to Google drive on the fly. Just select google drive option at the time of uploading files and you can upload multiple files together with ease.
- Accessibility: You can easily access a file using Salesmate or Google Drive. Google drive also comes with local drive sync and native apps too. So you can also access and update your files without any issues.
Make sure you have added the Google account to Salesmate. To add a Google account click here.
To use Google Drive / Google Team Drive in Salesmate:
- Go to Setup > Apps > Google Drive
- Click Install to enable to app
- Once installed you can set the sharing permissions for the files to be attached.
- Click Save
There you are ready to use Google Drive.
Sharing permissions available are:
- Allow Editing: User will be able to edit the file.
- Comment Only: Users will not be able to edit the file. However, they can view and also comment on the file.
- Read Only: Users will only be able to view the file without having any permissions to change it.
- By default, permission will be set to "Allow Editing"
Adding files to Google Drive / Google Team Drive:
- Open a record, say a Contact, Company, Activity or Deal
- Click Files from quick action bar or quick view
- File upload popup will open up
- Click on Attach from Google Drive
- Either upload a new file or select the pre-uploaded files
- Click Select to attach the file.