CRM systems need to be integrated with some estimate / invoicing / payments system in order to track ongoing and after-sales activities like sharing estimates, invoices, and payments. There are many systems that cater to this requirement however QuickBooks (QBO) is the most widely used platform so far across the globe.
Currently, Salesmate integrates with QBO for USA & Canada only.
Following records are associated between the two platforms:
With the QBO Integration you can:
- View information from QuickBooks in Salesmate.
- Copy and link data between the two systems.
- Create new QuickBooks Customers from Salesmate.
- Create new QuickBooks Estimates, Invoices and Payments from Salesmate.
Note: The integration does not provide sync between the two platforms.
Activating the QuickBooks Online Integration
Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article. Available in Growth Plan.
- To activate the app. Follow the below steps:
- Navigate to your Profile Icon on top left corner.
- Go to Setup
- Head over to Apps under App & Add-ons
- Available App
- Click on “Install” to configure the QuickBooks App.
- Authorize to connect to QuickBooks.
- You will be directed to the QuickBooks Online Login Page to Sign in to your Intuit account.
- Select the QuickBooks Company to connect with Salesmate and authorize.
- Once authorized successfully it will display the following in Salesmate,
- Confirmation Message: Quickbooks connected successfully
- Connection Status: Running
- Connected Company
- Access Settings
- Under Access Settings select the users who will have permission to view the QBO details in Salesmate.
- To add multiple users just type in their name and hit Save.
- Thus, the selected users will able to link and view QBO details from the QBO app widget in the detail and side views in Salesmate.
Deactivating the QuickBooks Online Integration
- To deactivate the app. This can be done from
- App & Add-ons
- Installed Apps
- Click on “Remove” to remove and deactivate the QuickBooks App
- This will remove all the QBO app widget from Salesmate.
- However, if you install the app again and follow the same configuration as you had earlier the linked docs will be maintained.
Using Quickbooks Online with Salesmate
Once the QBO Integration is successfully authorized and the relevant organization from QBO associated.
- A new “widget“ QuickBooks will appear in the “detailed view” of the contact, company, and deals.
- A new “tab” namely “Apps” with a section “QuickBooks” will appear in the “quick view” of the contact, company, and deals.
- When no QBO customer is associated with the Salesmate contact, you will get "No Rsults Found"
- When no QBO customer is associated with the Salesmate contact, you can click on the "+" icon and "Add Customer"
- Update details to be passed and hit "Save & Link"
- While you head to contact’s detail view you will be suggested with customers from QBO based on the "email address" of the contact.
- You can hit on the "Link Customer" icon to link the QBO Customer with this Salesmate Contact.
- If no suggested contact appears you can search QBO customers from right within Salesmate via the “Search Customer” box based on the following from QBO
- Customer First Name
- Customer Last Name
- While you search the matching results will be listed.
- Clicking on the "Link Customer" icon will link it with this Salesmate Contact.
- Only one Customer of QBO can be associated with a contact of Salesmate.
- In case of any failure to fetch details from QBO. An error message “Error fetching details, click Retry” message along with the “Retry” button to retry fetching the details is available.
- As you link the QBO customer the QBO summary will be displayed in the QBO widget. This summary shows,
- Total Amount and Count of All Open Invoices
- Total Amount and Count of All Over Due Invoices
- Total Amount and Count of All Open Estimates
- Total Amount and Count of All Received Payments
- Amount and Date of the Last Invoice raised
- Amount and Date of the Last Payment received
- When linked, you can further perform the following actions on the vertical three-dotted button:
- Add Estimate
- Add Invoice
- Add Payment
- Unlink to remove the accounting information from the Salesmate contact
- Refresh to fetch updated accounting information from QBO manually
- To view the list of Invoices, Estimates, and Payments related to the contact click on "View Details"