Different Ways of creating activities
Salesmate gives you ease to manage your day-to-day operations using the Activity functionality like Tasks, Meetings, Calls, etc.
You can add an activity from the following pages:
- Activity Listing Page
- Activity Calendar view
- Contact/Company/Deal Detail view
- Contact/Company/Deal Quick view
- Quick Add + button
Activity Listing Page:
- Navigate to the Activity Module
- The default view selection would be the List view
- Click on the + Activity blue button
- You can now fill in the information as required using the Add New Activity Form
Fields available as default:
- Activity Title - Purpose for which Activity is Created
- Type - Helps you to identify the kind of Activity the user needs to perform i.e. call, task, meeting, demo and you can also create your own custom type.
- Date & Time - Helps you define:
- Start Date, Start Time and
- End Date, End Time
- Calendar View - You can now find a Calendar view to check for the available date and time on the right for the auto "Date & Time" field selection upon clicking to schedule the upcoming Activity
- Calendar Options -
- Invitees: Invite Users, Contacts, and Email Addresses (Option to save as Contact) to the Meeting
- Location - You can provide Meeting Location Details using this option
- Video Conferencing- You can add a link to the video call app where a customer can join.
- Description - You can provide minutes of the meeting here or the purpose to make the attendees aware of the event. The "Description" is synced with your calendar if connected with Salesmate and if you add the invites to the Activity they will receive the description along with the meeting invite "Calendar Event".
- Recurrence - You can select this option if the Activity has to be performed on regular basis as a repetitive event
- Availability - Busy/Free, this option helps users identify availability for other meetings
- Internal Note - Internal summary can be maintained for quick reference. The "Internal Note" - does not sync with your calendar and can be viewed in the Salesmate web and Mobile app only.
- Owner - The Key Account Manager handling the Activity
- Link Records - Lets you associate Contact, Company, and Deal with the Activity
- Followers - Associate users or contacts for internal tracking (this does not affect Calendar invites)
- Tags - Tags help you easily identify records under Filters and Conditions for the next sets of Action
- Hit Save to move back to the last operation page
- Or click Save and add other to create a New Activity
Activity Calendar View:
- Go to the Activity Module
- The default view selection is Calendar
- Click on the required Date window (Date Box) to create an Activity
- You can now fill in the information as required using the creation Form
Salesmate offers flexibility for creating records from the details page of records, like Contact, Deals, and company.
You can achieve the same by following the below-highlighted steps:
Contact/Company/Deal Detail view:
- Navigate to the Contact/Company/Deal Details Page
- On the Detail screen under the Operations Menu users will be presented with two options -
- Add Activity - Let you Create an Activity for Current and Future Dates.
- Log Activity - Let you log a completed Activity that is not listed in Salesmate.
- Add Activity
- Log Activity
- While logging the activity you can mark the Activity as completed by checking 'Mark as complete' while creating the activity.
Contact/Company/Deal Quick view:
- From the list view of Contact/Company/Deal, preview the record.
- Click the three-dotted Action button > Add Activity
Quick Add (+) button:
- This option helps you to create records easily irrespective of the screen you are in from the header section
- You can also use the shortcut key combination - "CA" to Add Activity on the go