CRM systems need to be integrated with some bills / invoicing / payments system in order to track ongoing and after-sales activities like sharing bills, invoices, and payments. There are many systems that cater to this requirement however Xero is the most widely used platform so far across the globe.
Following records are associated with the two platforms:
With the Xero Integration you can:
- View information from Xero in Salesmate.
- Copy and link data between the two systems.
- Create new Xero Contacts from Salesmate.
- Create new Xero Bills, Invoices, and Quotes from Salesmate.
Note: The integration does not provide sync between the two platforms.
Activating the Xero Integration
Note: Admin rights are required to perform certain actions listed in this article.
- To activate the app. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Setup
- App & Add-ons
- Available App
- Click on “Install” to configure the Xero App.
- Authorise to connect to Xero.
- You will be directed to Xero to grant permission.
- Once authorized successfully it will display the following in Salesmate,
- Confirmation Message: Xero connected successfully
- Connection Status: Running
- Connected Company
- Access Settings
- Under Access Settings select the users who will have permission to view Xero details in Salesmate.
- To add multiple users just type in their name and hit Save.
- Thus, the selected users will able to link and view details from the Xero app widget in the detail and side views in Salesmate.
Deactivating the Xero Online Integration
- To deactivate the app. This can be done from
- App & Add-ons
- Installed Apps
- Click on “Remove” to remove and deactivate the Xero App
- This will remove all the Xero app widget from Salesmate.
- However, if you install the app again and follow the same configuration as you had earlier the linked docs will be maintained.
Using Xero with Salesmate
Once the Integration is successfully authorized and the Xero account is connected.
A new “widget“ Xero will appear in the “detailed view” of the contact, company, and deals.
- A new “tab” namely “Apps” with a section “Xero” will appear in the “quick view” of the contact, company, and deals.
- When no Xero customer is found with the Salesmate contact, you will get "No Records Found" ( suggestions are based on name and email of the record in Xero)
- When no Xero contact is associated with the Salesmate contact, you can click on the "+" icon and "Add Contact"
- Update details to be passed and hit "Create".
- While you head to the contact’s detail view you will be suggested with customers from Xero based on the "email address" of the contact.
- You can hit on the "Link Contact" icon to link the Xero Contact with this Salesmate Contact.
- If no suggested contact appears you can search Xero contacts from right within Salesmate via the “Search Contact” box based on the following from Xero
- Contact First Name
- Contact Last Name
- While you search the matching results will be listed.
- Clicking on the "Link Contact" icon will link it with this Salesmate Contact.
- Only one Contact of Xero can be associated with a contact of Salesmate.
- In case of any failure to fetch details from Xero. An error message “Error fetching details, click Retry” message along with the “Retry” button to retry fetching the details is available.
- As you link the Xero customer the Xero summary will be displayed in the Xero widget. This summary shows,
- Total Amount and Count of All Open Quotes.
- Total Amount and Count of All Over Due Invoices.
- Total Amount and Count of All Outstanding Invoices.
- Total Amount and Count of All Over Due Bills.
- Total Amount and Count of All Outstanding Bills.
- When linked, you can further perform the following actions on the vertical three-dotted button:
- Add Quote.
- Add Invoice(Draft).
- Add Bill.
- View in Xero.
- Unlink to remove the accounting information from the Salesmate contact.
- Refresh to fetch updated accounting information from Xero manually.
- To view the list of Quotes, Invoices, and Bills related to the contact click on "View Details"
While you head to company detail view you will be presented with the “Xero summary” based on the “associated contacts” of this company.
While you head to deal detail view you will be presented with the “Xero summary” based on the associated records as selected from the “View Details” screen. These will be suggested based on the associated primary contact and participants of the deal.