This guide will help you get started with Salesmate Chats, There are basically 5 easy steps to activate the chats in your account and install its widget on your website but you need to have an admin account first.
1. Activate Chats
- Chats can be activated by clicking on the Chats Icon, from the Left Menu bar
- Click on "Activate Chats" to Start your Free Trial from the Welcome Screen
Note: Make sure to check the expiry date mentioned just above the activate button for your trial account of the Chats.
2. Creating your workspace
Here you need to fill in the following information:
- Workspace name: It will be visible to your website visitors when they'll start a conversation.
- Team Intro: Write your welcome message
- Click on the Create New Workspace button.
3. Inviting users to the workspace
Now you can invite some users to your workspace who will be communicating with your website visitors. It can be done in two ways:
- Invite everyone to Chats.
- Invite selected users
- Once you have selected the users for your Chats, you can click on the Next button to Setup Appearance.
Important Note: If you are inviting some users to the chats, then make sure you check the box beside your name, otherwise it will not assign you the chats license and you won't be able to access the chat inbox.
4. Customizing and personalizing your Chat
Here you can customize the appearance of the Chats widget which will appear on your website to the visitors, either you can go with the default settings or Learn to customize your Chat later
- Click on the Finish button to save your changes.
5. Installing the Salesmate Chats on your website
Here you'll see some code, which you need to copy and paste before the </body> tag of every HTML page of your website where you want the chats widget to appear.
- Click on the Done button, and Voila! It's all done. 😃
You are ready to chat with your customers.
Tip: You can click on the ‘Chats settings’ icon available at the bottom left corner to visit the setup for customizing Chats as per your need.
How can I install the messenger code on the WordPress site?
SM: Please follow the below steps to paste the messenger code into your WordPress site.
- Login to your WordPress Store
- Navigate to the Plugins section
- Click on Add New and Search for Salesmate Messenger from the search bar.
- Click on Install Now on the Salesmate Messenger’s Plugin.
- Once it is installed, click on Activate.
- Now go to the Salesmate Messenger and enter the Workspace ID, AppKey, and Tenant ID from the Messenger code.
You can refer to the detailed guide video below:
How can I install the messenger code on the BigCommerce store?
SM: Please follow the below steps to paste the messenger code into your BigCommerce Store.
- Log in to your BigCommerce Store.
- From the left panel, Go to the Channel Manager section
- Under Storefront, navigate to Scripts.
- Click on Create a Script
- Now add the Name and Description of the script
- Keep the location of the page as Footer
- Now select “All Pages,” where the script will be added
- Move ahead by keeping the Script Category as “Essential”
- Select Script Type as “Script”
- Under the Script Content, place the messenger code.
- Paste this code in the script content section.
- Now update one line of the script below the tenant_id that is "hide_default_launcher: true". This code hides the launcher icon yet keeps the tracking on.
You can also refer to the detailed guide video below: