Note: Admin rights are required to perform a few of the actions listed in this article.
Why use multiple pipelines?
Using multiple pipelines can be very useful in particular cases. For example:
- Different Sales Processes: Sales teams handling services and products wish to maintain them separately as the approach towards closing the deal is different.
- Different Product Offerings: Each Product sale can have its set of stages to sell it through.
- You may also want to track the onboarding of clients after the sales have closed.
- Likewise, you can track deliveries, installation required at the customer once the deals have closed.
Pipeline -1 (Sales)
Pipeline -2 (Services / Pre Sales or Support)
Multiple pipelines are not a perfect fit when:
- You want to bifurcate your deals Sales rep wise. These already exist, you can filter them using the Owner field.
- You want to categorize your deals say by industry or location. Instead use custom fields to filter on these categories.
How to create multiple pipelines?
To create a pipeline:
- Navigate to the Profile icon on top right corner
- Click on Setup
- Head over to Customization
- Click on Deal Pipeline
- Click +New Pipeline
- Enter a name of the new pipeline and click on Save
- This will create a new pipeline with the default stages
- You can further modify the stages as per your process.