Gravity Form is the easiest tool to create advanced forms for your WordPress-powered website. It is used to capture your leads (as Contacts or Deals ) in Salesmate.
- To get started, install the Gravity Forms plugin for WordPress
- Now install the Gravity form add-on for Salesmate CRM
- Create a form
- How to Create a New Form on the WordPress Site
- How to check Submission Entry in Salesmate
- How to Troubleshoot the Submission Entry
How to Create a New Form on the WordPress Site
To Create a New Form on the WordPress Site
- Go to Forms
- Click on New Forms
- Add the Form Title and the Form Description.
- Click on Create Form.
- Create the required Fields for this Form
- Select the Field Type
- Add the Field Label
- If required, add the number of maximum characters that the field should include
- Select if you wish the Field to be marked as Required or not.
- Hit on Update
- Click Settings and select Salesmate
- Map your Salesmate link details like domain, app access key, private key, and session token.
- Domain name example: https://yourlink.salesmate.io
- App access Key
- App Private Key
- Session Token
To access API details from your Salesmate Account
- Navigate to the Profile Icon on the top left corner.
- Click Go to My Account
- Click on Access Key
- Select the respective API keys and place them in the Salesmate Add-on-Settings
- Hover on the Form on top
- Select the Form followed by Settings.
- Now click on Salesmate
- Add a Salesmate feed by clicking Add New
- Add the Feed Name
- Select the Action for what should happen When a Duplicate Record is Found,
- Place a note in the Timeline - Will create a Note on the Duplicate Records Timeline
- Always create a New Record - Will create a New Record without checking the Duplicate records.
- Update an existing Record - Will check for the duplicate record and will update in case of any changes.
- Select an Owner from a dropdown.
- Configure the feed to Add Contact or a Deal
- Map the Salesmate Field with the Form Field by selecting the related Fields from the dropdown.
- Enable Condition to apply Conditional logic for creating a Contact or a Deal and Update Settings
That's it! Now the Form is ready to be embedded on the Website page. You have successfully integrated the Gravity form with Salesmate. Any submission on this form will be created as a Contact or a Deal inside Salesmate.
How to check Submission Entry in Salesmate
- Once the Entry is Submitted, you can go back to the Salesmate account to check the Submitted Entries.
- You can get the notification based on your selected Notification Preference for Contact Assigned or Deal Assigned.
- The User won't get a notification in case the User creating the Form has selected themself as an Owner.
- There are different ways to know the Submission entries in Salesmate, here we'll take an example by adding a Tag = Form Title and creating a View for the same in Salesmate.
- Now every time someone fills the Form that we created and enters Submit.
- The record will get added to the View that we created in Salesmate.
How to Troubleshoot the Submission Entry
- In case you receive any Failed logs on the submitted entry, you can go to Salesmate Logs Under Forms on the WordPress Site to check the error.
- Here, you get the details of the Logs
- Index - The Field Index
- Form Id - The ID of the created Form
- Module - The Module under which the Form was created
- Detail - The details of why the Log failed
- Sended Data - The Logs of Sended data
- Generated At - When was the log generated
- Operations - What operation would you like to perform for the selected log? Do you wish to Retry the submission or Delete the Log
- This data allows you to rectify the Error and Retry the Submission to not lose on any opportunity
- Click on Clear Logs in case you wish to clear all the Failed Logs at once.