If you are using Contact Form 7 as your Webform Plugin on WordPress. Salesmate is just the right thing that allows you to capture your web form submissions directly into it.
- Configuring Contact Form 7 Integration on WordPress
- Mapping the Fields
- How to Check Submission Entries on Salesmate
- How to Troubleshoot the Submission Entry
Configuring Contact Form 7 Integration on WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress Account
- On your WP Dashboard, go to Plugins
- Click on Add New
- Go to the Search option in the top right corner
- Search for Salesmate Integration for Contact Form 7
- Click on Install Now
- After Installation is completed
- Click on Activate
- Plugins Activated
- Click on Contact
- Select Salesmate Integration
- Mention the details on – Contact From 7 Salesmate settings page
- Provide your domain (Salesmate link)name. Example: https://demo.salesmate.io
- App access Key
- App Private Key
- Session Token
- Click on Save Changes
To access API details from your Salesmate Account
- Navigate to the Profile icon on the top right corner
- Click on Go to My accounts
- Go to Access / API Keys
- Get your personal API token
- Access Key
- Secret Key
- Session Key
- API keys can be used to create, read, update, and delete your data in Salesmate.
- Your API key is given below and see our API docs to get started. Keep your API tokens safe. In case you feel that tokens are compromised then click here to regenerate them.
- Paste the Keys in appropriate sections copied from your Salesmate account
- Once the Settings have been changed, you can see the list of available Forms
Mapping the Fields
- Go to the Contacts in the left menu bar on the WordPress Account
- Select Salesmate Integration
- Select the appropriate Contact form from the list under General Settings
- Go to the Tab of the Form selected
- Select an option for What should happen when a Duplicate Record is found?
- Place a note in the Timeline - Will create a Note on the Duplicate Records Timeline
- Always create a New Record - Will create a New Record without checking the Duplicate records.
- Update an existing Record - Will check for the duplicate record and will update in case of any changes.
- Select the Owner from the dropdown
- Map the required Fields for the Contacts/Deals to pass data into Salesmate
- Hit on Save Changes
- Now you are good to go, once your customer visits your websites you can capture their details.
How to check Submissions entries on Salesmate
- Once the Entry is Submitted, you can go back to the Salesmate account to check the Submitted Entries.
- You can get the notification based on your selected Notification Preference for Contact Assigned or Deal Assigned.
- The User won't get a notification in case the User creating the Form has selected themself as an Owner.
How to Troubleshoot the Submission Entry
In case you receive any Failed logs on the submitted entry, you can view such logs on the WordPress site.
To view these logs,
- Go to the Contacts on the left menu bar.
- Select Salesmate Integration.
- Click on the Logs tab next to the Contact Form.
- Here, you get the details of the Logs
- Index - The Field Index
- Form Id - The ID of the created Form
- Module - The Module under which the Form was created
- Detail - The details of why the Log failed
- Sended Data - The Logs of Sended data
- Generated At - When was the log generated
- Operations - What operation would you like to perform for the selected log? Do you wish to Retry the submission or Delete the Log.
- This data allows you to rectify the Error and Retry the Submission to not lose on any opportunity
- Click on Clear Logs in case you wish to clear all the Failed Logs at once.