Whenever a contact is enrolled in a sequence, they will have one of the following states in the sequence as mentioned below:
- Active: Once a contact is in the active state inside a sequence, they are sent an email or activity that has been created for them inside the sequence. This means that contact is still active in this state.
- Pending: A contact in a pending state means that though the contact is active, the sequence has reached its daily throttle or it is waiting for manual actions needed to move forward.
- Paused: A contact in the paused state means that a Salesmate User has manually paused the sequence for the particular contact.
- Paused O3: Contact in this state means that Salesmate auto-pauses this sequence for contact on receiving an out-of-office (O3) email.
- Failed: A failed state would mean that Salesmate auto-pauses the sequence for a particular contact due to a certain failure that might have occurred at the time of delivery. (check out this link in order to bulk update for failed contacts).
- Finished (Bounced): A bounced state (hard bounce) means that Salesmate has auto-passed this sequence for contact due to the contact's email getting bounced. If it is a soft bounce status will be failed whereby the user can re-try to send the email.
- Finished (Replied): This state means that when a contact replies to a particular email, the contact is removed from the sequence (Depending upon the sequence settings that are put on).
- Finished (No Reply): This state means that contact has moved through all the steps and is then removed from the sequence.
- Finished (Opt-out): This state means that the contact has previously opted out of email communication. The contact will exit the sequence on enrollment itself and none of the sequence stages will execute.
- Finished: In this state, a sequence is created to send emails in a sequence without stopping it on any reply, Contact in this state means that the contact is removed from the sequence once all the emails are sent.
- Unsubscribed: In this state, The contact has clicked on the unsubscribed link to opt out of the mailing list, A contact gets removed from all the sequences and no further Emails can be sent.
- Already Enrolled - In this state, the contact is already enrolled in a particular sequence beforehand, The contact will exit the sequence on enrollment itself and none of the sequence stages will execute.
- Other Enrolled - In this state, the contact is already enrolled with some other sequence, Multiple Sequence setting needs to be verified in this case, The contact will exit the sequence on enrollment itself and none of the sequence stages will execute.
- Finished (Unenrolled) -In this state, a user has manually unenrolled a contact associated with a sequence.