Dashboard 2.0 offers you many widgets, which you can choose and add to your dashboard. There are various filters too, that can be applied to the widgets to display specific data, let's see it in detail.
Add Widget to Dashboard
- Adding widgets to your dashboard is quite simple, you just need to navigate to Dashboard from the left sidebar, and click on Add Widget button displayed in the top right corner of the screen.
- Clicking on "Add Widget" will allow you to add a widget if you have:
- An Admin profile
- Owner rights of the dashboard to which widget is being added
- Access to the dashboard where the widget is supposed to be added
- Once you click on the Add widget button, you'll be redirected to the library where all system and custom reports are available. You can also apply filters given on the left sidebar to display only specific reports based on modules such as Contact, Company, Deal, Activity, System & Custom, or Search for any specific report with the help of a search bar.
There are multiple ways to add the widget to the dashboard like,
- Click on the Add to Dashboard option below the widget that you wish to add, or click on View Report to preview the widget and click on Add to Dashboard option given on the top right corner.
- You also get this option 'Add to Dashboard' when you create any report and it is added to the specified folder.
- After you click on the button 'Add to Dashboard', a popup will appear where you can provide a name to this new widget, and specify the dashboard to which you want to add this widget.
Note: You can only add up to 10 widgets per dashboard after that button gets disabled.
What actions can be performed on the widget?
Once the widget is added to the dashboard, you can perform the following actions:
- Re-arrange it on the dashboard, change its position or size.
- Apply filters that are available, to filter out the data.
- View related records, this option will redirect you to another screen where you can see the data based on the filters applied on the dashboard and report.
- Make some changes to it with the edit option, if available.
- Rename the widget by clicking on the Actions button in the top right corner of the widget and choosing Rename option, then providing a new name to it.
- Make a copy of the widget and clone it to another or the same dashboard with the name of your choice.
- Remove it from the dashboard.
Use filters on Dashboard
There are global filters that can be applied to the whole dashboard, which overwrites the individual-specific filters of widgets. These global filters are given at the very top of the Dashboard.
There are total 4 filters for the dashboard:
- Date range
- Deal pipeline
Let us see each filter in action -
- Date Range - This filter will let you specify the date range of your choice to show the data of that particular period and the frequency to refresh that data.
You can also provide the number of days if you need to display the data for older than 'x' days or upcoming 'x' days.
- Users - Select the users using this filter, and the widget will only track the selected users to display their data on the dashboard.
- Teams - Select the teams using this filter, it will display the data of the team selected.
- Deal pipeline - Select the deal pipeline using this filter for which you wish to populate the data inside the widget.
Note: Admins switching to the plans which do not support Teams will lead to the Dashboard privacy as public if they have specified Teams under Privacy settings.