Now you can choose if your customer or visitor can reply to a closed conversation or not. Also, please select the number of days a conversation can remain active to receive replies after marking it closed.
Configure setting to prevent replies
- Go to Messenger from the left menu panel
- Click on Messenger Settings available on the footer of the chat listing column
- Click Set up Messenger option in the left sidebar
- Select Conversations tab
- You can configure different options for visitors and contacts.
- Enable Prevent replies to the closed conversation.
Note: The system recommends a 3-day limit by default to prevent replies in closed conversations.
Once enabled, you can also choose the number of days until replies will be accepted after closing the conversation. In short, the conversation can be reopened within that time.
Once this limit is exceeded, the system won't allow the customer or visitor to reply in a closed conversation.
What do customers see on the widget?
Contacts or visitors can always see the closed conversations but can't post any new replies. The system will encourage them to boot a new conversation for further queries. Such a mechanism is helpful to keep conversations more organized and helps measure the effectiveness of teammates for replying and closing conversations on time.
- Only users with “Manage messenger settings” permission can access this setting.
- If a contact replies to a closed conversation via email, then that message will start a new conversation if the time limit has been reached, otherwise, the conversation will be reopened and the message will be posted.
- If the user replies in a close conversation, then the conversation will be reopened and a message will be posted, as these settings do not affect the user behavior.
Please sign in to leave a comment.