As part of the phone industry’s efforts to combat spam and improve the delivery of legitimate text messages, organizations that send text messages to US ten-digit phone numbers are required to register the phone numbers that they are using for their SMS messaging campaigns.
Ensure delivery of your text message by registering your SMS campaign with an A2P trust vendor.
Such registries use standard ten-digit phone numbers (also known as 10DLC) as part of an industry-wide effort to reduce unwanted text messages. All major communications service providers, including Twilio and DialPad, are members of such trust vendors.
How do I know if I am affected by this?
All companies that use SMS will be affected by the new industry rules, including person-to-person conversational messages, but you are more likely to notice an impact on your messaging if you send a substantial amount of outbound SMS, such as large companies, companies that use messaging for marketing.
Why do I need to register my SMS messaging campaign?
By registering, you validate your company to the United States messaging ecosystem, which will:
- Ensure your messages get delivered to your users and customers, and
- Reduce the cost to your business based on Salesmate passing through the increased costs of unregistered campaign messages.
What do I need to do?
- Business Profile Registration
- A2P Brand Selection and Registration
- SMS campaign use cases within the ecosystem.
Before you begin the registration process for A2P 10DLC, you will need to have the following information on hand:
Please note: If you have a US entity or an International Tax ID, use EIN to register your business profile and to avoid brand registration failures. Do not use a DUNS number.
Business Profile Registration
|Point(s) of Contact||
One authorized representative with the following info:
You may use one point of contact from your own company as the authorized representative across all of your customers for registration purposes in case of Standard Brands.
Providing a second authorized representative is optional.
A2P 10DLC Brand Selection and Registration
- Standard Brand with secondary vetting($44 one-time fee)
- Secondary vetting is an additional brand review done by carriers that allows for higher daily message limits and maximizes throughput per campaign. The process ensures accuracy of information and maximizes your Trust Score, with no additional time for approval.
- By skipping secondary vetting, you will not receive a TCR score, and will be limited to register campaigns with a limited set of use cases (To send under 6,000 message segments per day). Skip secondary vetting only after you have reviewed this document, and understand the implications.
SMS campaign use cases within the ecosystem.
We will be submitting this information to carriers so they understand what type of messages you’ll be sending. Each A2P Campaign use case registration fee is $15 (a one-time registration fee at the time of vetting). In addition, carriers charge a monthly fee ranging from $1.5 to $10, depending on your campaign use case. Declaring your exact campaign use case rather than using a mixed campaign use case will generally result in higher limits from AT&T because you're being more specific about what messages you are sending.
Note: All one-time charges during this process will be deducted from your Salesmate Voice & Text credits in case of Salesmate Voice & Text services or billed separately to your account. Recurring charges will appear as an add-on in your invoice.
Please sign in to leave a comment.