Custom modules are user-created modules designed to meet specific business requirements.
- Custom Module is available on Business and above plans.
- For Legacy Accounts Custom Module is available from Boost and the above plans.
Follow the below steps to create a custom module:
- Navigate to the Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click on the Setup.
- Head over to Modules
- Click on + New Module
- On the left side navigation, click on the + New Module option
- When you click on this option for the first time and there are no custom modules on your link, you will see a warning popup that you need to confirm.
- Enter "I agree" to continue creating a Module
- Click on Submit.
- When you click the submit button, other users on the platform will receive a popup on their screens. After refreshing the page, they will be switched to the new version of Salesmate.
Warning: Once you switch to the new version, reverting back to the original version is not possible.
- Provide the required information:
- Module Name: Enter the singular name for your custom module (e.g., Property).
- Module Name: Enter the plural name for your custom module (e.g., Properties).
- Internal Name: This name is used for API purposes and cannot be changed once created.
- Icon for your module: Choose an icon that represents your custom module.
- To create the custom module, you must provide a configuration for the primary field. This field is used to name records within the custom module.
- Field Type: Select whether the primary field should be numeric or text.
- Field Label: Enter a label for the field, which will be used to name your custom object records.
- Internal Name: This name is helpful for API integrations and cannot be changed once created.
- Help Text: Provide additional information to help your teammates understand the purpose of the field
- The Primary Field will by default
- Appear in quick Creation Form
- Appear in Global Search.
- And would be a Required Field.
- Don't Allow Duplicate Values: Select this option if you want unique values in the primary field.
Note: A module can have a maximum of 10 unique fields.
Click on the Save button once you have finished.
When a custom module is created, the following things will happen:
- Other users on the same link will receive a popup alert on their screens, notifying them that their teammate has switched to the beta version of Salesmate.
- They will be offered two choices:
- By selecting the option "Do it now", the screen will refresh and the user interface will switch to the beta version.
- When you select the option “Wait! I have unsaved changes” the popup will be dismissed, allowing the user to continue with their ongoing tasks, such as composing an email or completing a call.
- The app will switch to the beta version when the user performs a refresh.