As a user with the appropriate permissions, you have the flexibility to add, modify, or delete fields within the modules.
How to Create Custom Fields
Note: A user with “Manage Module” and “Manage Layout” permission can manage custom fields within the module.
To create custom fields within your custom module,
- Navigate to the Profile Icon on the top right corner
- Click on Set Up
- Under the Modules section, select the desired Module for which Custom Field has to be created.
- Click on the All Fields tab to view the default fields already added to the custom module.
- On the top right corner of your screen, click on the "Add Custom Field" button.
- A popup will appear displaying a list of essential and useful field types to choose from. You can search for a field using the search bar.
- Choose the Field Types.
- Once you've selected a field type, Provide the following details for the field:
- Field Label Name
- Internal Name
- Help Text
- Once you have added the details, you can select
- Appear in quick creation form: to display this field in the quick creation form.
- Appear in global search results: to allow searching on this field when a user searches via global search.
- Do not allow duplicate values: to prevent the creation of a duplicate record.
- Required: if needed to be mandatory.
- Click Save and the success message will appear
Custom Field Detail View
- Name: Names or titles assigned to individual field.
- Section: Shows the specific section where the field is saved.
- Access: The "Access" column shows the permission type set for the field, which can be one of the following:
Admin Only: By selecting this option, the field will be kept private, and view and edit access will be granted exclusively to admin users.
Anyone can Modify: This option grants view and edit access to all users who have access to the link.
Anyone can View: By selecting this option, all users will have view-only access to the field.
Custom: The custom option allows for more specific configurations, providing view and edit access to certain individual users or teams. You can assign one of the following permissions to each user or group:
- No access
- View only
- Custom: This column will show whether the field is a custom field.
- Visibility: This column will show the fields that have visibility rules set for when should they appear in the form.
- Require Rule: This column will show whether the field is set as required.
- Searchable: Indicate whether the field is searchable through global search or not.
- Unique: This column will show the fields that are selected under 'Do not allow the duplicate values'
- Email and phone type fields are not supported for custom modules.
- Some internal fields, such as Merged Record IDs and IDs, are automatically created by Salesmate for identification and record management purposes.
- We have a soft limit of 300 fields for each custom module